Who am I?
August 22, 2011 § Leave a comment
Sometimes when out shooting I will run across subjects that I haven’t seen before. While it is always exciting to see something new, it also leaves you with the challenge of tracking down and identifying the species.
With that in mind, I thought I would share a quick game of who am I to highlight the though process when trying to ID a subject.
WHO AM I?
- My body is a bright yellow colour
- I am covered from head to toe in hairy spines
- My body is soft and unenclosed in any type of hard armour
- I have twin strips of square black patches running down my length
- I am long and cylindrical in shape
- I am approximately 5mm in length
ANSWER: I am the larvae of the Steelblue ladybird (Halmus chalybeus)!